Client Cyber Alert
Hackers are impersonating law firms (especially those with trust accounts) to trick people into sending money to the hacker’s bank account.
To avoid being a victim of cyber fraud, please follow these 6 rules.
- DO NOT transfer money in excess of $10,000 without first telephoning to check details and authenticity.
- BE SUSPICIOUS of any telephone number contained within an e-mail requesting money be paid. Telephone using a number from a letter sent to you independently or by checking the telephone book.
- DO NOT open e-mail attachments, click on links or download files in SUSPICIOUS EMAILS without first investigating (e.g. telephoning) the sender to check legitimacy.
- BE EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS any e-mail notifying you of CHANGES TO OUR TRUST ACCOUNT. It will 99.9% be from a fraudster/hacker.
- CONTACT us or the Queensland Law Society to resolve doubts about the authenticity of emails that purport to be sent by us to you.
- WARN anyone else involved in the transferring of money on your behalf (e.g. spouse, broker, accountant).
Click the button below for details about our trust account.