“Personal Information” means information about an individual such as their identity, location, and personal circumstances. We may use your Personal Information to:
- Send you a proposal to carry out legal work.
- Render services requested.
- Prevent fraud and other security risks.
- Communicate with you about products and services we offer.
- Personalise communications and give recommendations.
- Evaluate and improve our operations, including website analytics.
- Use it in a way we explain at the time of data collection.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
We will only use your Personal Information:
- with your consent;
- as necessary to provide you with our services;
- to comply with our legal obligations; or
- when there is a legitimate and overriding interest that necessitates use.
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our employees, trusted agents and consultants.
- Service providers acting on our behalf.
- Participants in matters in which we are involved on your behalf such as banks or parties to your transaction or legal proceeding.
- As required by law (for example AUSTRAC).
You do not have to give us any of your Personal Information but of course, that will mean we will not communicate with you. You can request that we communicate with you using end-to-end encryption (such as by using protonmail.com). This is the highest level of privacy we can manage and is intended to exclude all eavesdroppers (including Google, telecom/Internet providers, spies and hackers) from accessing your Personal Information. We will only communicate with you using end-to-end encryption for a good reason and at our sole discretion.
- Change your web browser settings to reject any cookies or other privacy-related automated information requests from our website.
- Tell us not to send you any communications that are purely for marketing purposes.
- Contact us to query what Personal Information we hold about you so as to update or correct it and in limited conditions ask us to delete it.
- Complain about our handling of your Private Information to relevant authorities.
We may store your Personal Information in the United States, India and in other countries which may have lesser or different standards of data protection compared to Australia or whatever country you are in.