Our enterprise practice area focuses on the needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs, especially –
- Starting a new small business (legal/financial design, asset protection, priorities, compliance paperwork and risk).
- Finance for small business including certificates of legal advice for guarantors.
- Business agreements (e.g. for founders, investors, lenders, principal/agent and distributors).
- Business structuring (legal foundations; branding/intellectual property; changes to business entities; licences and key contracts).
- Purchases and sales of existing small businesses (try our quick cost estimator below).
- Leasing of commercial and retail shops (try our quick cost estimator below).
- Consumer contracts (that are free of superfluous legal jargon and comply with Consumer Law).
- Human resource contracts and policy disclosures (incentives, options, performance management).
- Representations to industry regulators, local government and dealing with bureaucracy.
We strongly believe in and support small businesses and start-ups.